13 November 2005

camper man

He came in while I was visiting Anna.
He made her show him how to use his DVD player. Several times. And how to adjust the volume and brightness. I suggested he consult his manual. Anna helped him.

What was a bizarre, thieving harmlessness before is now a much greater discomfort, and severe disliking. I don't like the way he is with Anna. And for as much as he stays away from me while I work, he's in her face, asking things. Things he clearly knows already. Like "what's a DVD?" (this was 15 minutes after asking her to make his DVD player work).

I'm going to close with her tonight. I don't want to scare her more by letting her know that there's something very very wrong with him, but there's no hiding it. And if he keeps playing whatever he's playing at, I am going to tell him to leave. Anna's so nice, and she's so in customer service mode, that whether she's been asked to do a task that makes her uncomfortable or not, she does it. I will make sure she doesn't have to. Whether I'm conveying the sketchiness effectively, I can't be sure. But I'm not exaggerating the fact that there's a problem. I just don't know yet what his deal is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross. Gross. Time to involve your local sheriff's department? I always say there's no time like before something goes horribly wrong. You shouldn't have to put up with this stuff, should you? Want me to "accidentally" and "unofficially" run his name for warrants? Not that I do that sort of thing, nor does any state employee, so I don't know where you got that idea. But frankly, it sounds like he might have a few outstanding...drop me a line and hang in there.

em said...

that guy is scary-
be careful!!! i am sure you are careful- right? you can beat him up, right?

Anonymous said...

Has this been resolved? What happened?