07 October 2005

a crisp autumn morning in the foothills of western maine

I just now thought of the word I wanted to use the other day, in a context I can no longer remember. It was "concurrently". Of course this does me no good now, but it's nice that, even this far after the fact, my brain came through.

I only have small things to report before I run off to work. This warrants a list. Not bulleted, since I don't know how to do that.

- Minimum wage increased, so my rate-of-pay inadvertently went up. There's nothing like a non-merit-based raise to re-affirm that you're a viable asset to the company.

- A spider jumped on me in the shower. Number of times this has happened since we've been in Jay: three.

- We got a wood-paneled toaster from my sister. She says she...didn't want it? Some kind of gibberish. It can't be true. It's way too cool to give away. It also complements our kitchen beautifully. I'll have to take a picture of it, to share with anyone who cares to see it.

Crap, I thought I had more. I suppose it's for the best, since I still need to intravenously inject my coffee before going to my job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wood-paneled toaster? wow- that is pretty cool- we have millipedes in our shower! i keep thinking i dreamed about a big, pre-historic looking bug in the bathtub... but then i get up and see it was real-
uhm-
congrats on the raise? its a lovely world at the bottom, isn't it? no wealthy person gets pay raises like that!
i have to go start cleaning at 5:30 a.m.- my mom is visitting-

Bill D. said...

I would honestly love to see a picture of a wood-paneled toaster.

Anonymous said...

Dashes work for bulleting... it gets the point across :-D
This is Lorrie by the way. I'll sign up for a blog soon.

Erin said...

So I've been reading your Diaryland blog and I came across your blog about the Pope dying and how a new Pope would (and I quote) "be like replacement Bo and Luke Duke from now on." Having grown up Catholic myself, this is somewhere between the funniest and most blasphemous thing I've ever heard. But still. Very funny. :-)