14 May 2006

desert oasis

I was woken by the phone at 8:00 this morning. I got to it on the fourth ring, only to find a dial tone at the other end. Since I'm down here, I might as well pee and make coffee, I said to myself. One problem: we don't seem to have running water. You can hear a quiet, thinking-about-distributing-water sound, but nothing happens. I'm not sure if that means it's leaking out somewhere else, or what. One thing I KNOW it means? We have to clean up in order to have Arthur come in to check it out.

Water isn't a utility we pay, so it's not blatantly our fault. I don't know if something could get clogged, and effect all the pipes in the house? Or maybe Arthur did something to his pipes that effected ours. At any rate, I can't shower, flush the toilet, wash my hands, or make coffee. NOT how I like to start my day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you got water!!!!!

really!!!

Uhm, We lost ours, or so I thought, a couple of months ago. I called the landlord and he asked me to un-screw the faucet head et voila, a rock. I felt dumb!

Dan said...

Did you ever get your water fixed, or are you both unwashed and stinky?

Damn Jay and its faulty water systems! You should really move to the Brunswick...