21 September 2005

jenna von oy: shapeshifter

I thought I woke up at 8:00 this morning. Only upon going downstairs to re-heat yesterday's coffee did my rising time come into question. The clock on the microwave said it was 9:42. Adelphia agreed with them, as the same time was on the cable box. Weird. So I didn't get an impressive start to the day, but I'm still proud of 9:42 without an alarm on a day off. I know I dreamed weirdly last night, but all I can remember now is the school setting, Liza Weil asking me why I'd let myself slide academically, and Jenna Von Oy shapeshifting. No clue how that fits in, but it happened. It was scary. Scary and awesome.

This is a full week. Tomorrow I go into work at 7:00 a.m. to help with inventory. I leave at 3:00 and go directly to Old Town to help my sister get ready for her wedding on Saturday. I will be her errand girl for the latter part of tomorrow; the rehearsal dinner and impromptu bachelorette party (with minimal booze and zero naked dancing men...I'm not related to my sister at all) is on Friday; Saturday she gets hitched. Then Sunday I drive back for work at 3:00.

I'm going to a wedding, or a wedding-related function, every weekend of October. This is the year for everyone I know who hasn't already tied the knot or had babies to follow suit. The pressure is palpable. I've been with Jeremy four years, and the family's starting to ask questions. And Emily wants Joe3 to have contemporaries, and is bribing her sister and me with gifts and food in exchange for a baby. I have to say, I do like food and presents...

And that seems like a good place to stop! More soon.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I always thought that Jenny von Oy was a shapeshifter... Blossom was just a little to forward thinking for its time....

I bet my grammar in the above sentences was horrible! Ha! Bite me "Eats, Shoots and Leaves!"