29 September 2005

today's unwarranted, unnecessary posting

You'd better sit down. You are suffering from
Annie's Disease.

Cause: running too fast
Symptoms: excessive suicidal thoughts, dementia, neck swelling
Cure: exercise


Oh, the fun to be had on the internet!

Not only have I been assigned a middle name ("Eagle-12", thanks!), but I've learned that product-wise, I'm "a piece of string that plays MP3s, automatically avoids obstacles and holds up to twenty cigarettes."

annie
n. complicated acronym, meaning violence.
"Want some annie, Mom?"

Enough of that.

Work was okay. A guy I've dubbed "Evil Camper Man" spent two hours tonight not renting movies. He slowly, silently studied every movie box in the store. "Just looking," he told me when I asked if he needed assistance. Co-worker Amber came in to rent movies while he was in, and told me he spent a large chunk of time there yesterday as well. She seems to think he parks the camper in a nearby dirt field, and that's where he lives. He looks harmless enough, but two hours in a slow, small store is a REALLY LONG TIME when you're alone, and it's getting dark, and the guy refuses to respond to small talk. I get paid to engage you, sir. Please, play along!

I finally finished the sixth Harry Potter book. I can't say anything, because all I can do at this point is ruin it for other people. There's not much to say other than the spoiler bit, except that getting a copy of the seventh book is not going to be easy when the time comes.

My college application is still missing a page. I have to find the sheet that lists relatives who've attended the UMaine system, then send it to Orono, so they can ship my application to Farmington from there. I don't know what the cut-off date for spring enrollment is, but I can't imagine I'm going to make it. But you never know, right? Positive thinking!

No comments: