28 September 2005

weathering the storm

Well thank god that's done!

I survived the extended weekend with minimal sleep, far less coffee than is fair to deprive any person of, and an alarming desire to never never never get married. At least not in front of people. I would've assumed that attending a wedding where 4/5ths of the attendees aren't complete strangers would be a pleasant change of pace. NOPE! I can't handle the small-talk. Or the stress. I can now only start to imagine the hell that would ensue if all my family and friends were stuck in a small, poorly-decorated room, celebrating me in a dress I detest, listening to the music I enjoy (oldies, polka, and powerpop), eating the food I like to eat (mac'n'cheese with red hot dogs cut in, just about anything slow-cooked, and cheesecake).

Supposedly, while we were prepping the Elks lodge for my sister's reception, there was a cheesecake-eating contest taking place less than a mile away, as part of "Riverfest". It's supremely unfair that I miss these events. Not that I needed the excess mass...my maid-of-honor strapless top was hooker-tight as it was, displaying my ample torso for all who cared to view it. And after the food, breathing was a chore, let alone dancing. I did it, mind you. No one can accuse me of not loving my sister.

My first shift alone at the video store is tomorrow night. I'm almost sure I can just about handle it. Does that sound confident enough? Positive thinking, I tell you!

We watched "Beauty Shop" last night, and "Layer Cake" this morning. If you haven't seen these films, then run...RUN!...to your local video store, or log...LOG!...onto your nearest internet-ready computer, and get them. Watch them. Appreciate them. Also, "The Wool Cap" was good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just added Beauty Shop and Layer Cake to our netflix list. They had better be good...or else.